Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WOW!!! What did I get myself into-

With my new side job I have been VERY...VERY...VERY busy! Which is GREAT but I have forgot about my blog. A couple of weeks ago I got a call from a friend wanting me to come by there house to look at a piece of furniture in there basement. So down in there basement I went to find a diamond in the rough. Just giving it a quick look over,I said sure it could be done. But little did I know,when I went to pick it up the next week boy was it in BAD shape! But I had to take the project on..... Here is where we started.

See what i mean by potential??? But boy was it in bad shape. A door in pieces, wobbly doors, a back board that wouldn't fit back in place,and I could go on...on...and on...... But it had to be done. I knew what my client had in mind, she was adding on a screened porch and had the perfect wall for this piece. Old worn out red is what it was going to be. So after all the repairs took place,the painting process started. Milk Paint in "Barn Red" was my choice. And may I add it's a great red...... Here is a close up-pic of the finished product.


I have to say I was very proud of the outcome of this piece!



I promise for my blogs not to be so few and far in between from now own!!! What does everyone think of this piece?!?!?!?!?
Check out http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/ WOW us Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment