Thursday, July 28, 2011

{Saturday Antiquing}

This past Saturday my family and I went antiquing at "Antiques Downtown" a little quaint shop in the historic downtown district of Thomasville. Not expecting to buy a whole lot......BUT when I got too looking around ALOT was spotted by my eye........First was a whole table of old antique books which I love,and is a must have for decorating! So after gathering up the ones I wanted, my eye then looked up at this low back vanity bench another must have! I could already see it done in my head.........

  In my head I was thinking Annie Sloan Old White with heavy distressing. A coat of clear wax,with a tad' of dark.....Then re-covered in a antique grain sack.....GREAT!
{It looked great at the end of my Mom and Dad's Bed}
But had to go to the shop to sell.....
{Grain Sack Greatness}

My next find was a Antique mirror with great details....The mirror has that antique smoking that I adore.........
Annie Sloan Louis Blue it would be with dry brushing in Old White. A lil' distressing and a coat of wax and WOW!
{It looked great in the dining room also!}
But off to the shop it went...

Both of these pieces now have new homes!!! And all of my pieces in the shop are GONE! Yay me.....but now it's time to re-stock..... In the next post I'll share with you what I found in the "More Stuff" building the Antique store owner let me go in Saturday...........



linking to http://www.perfectlyimperfectblog.com/  

1 comment:

  1. Don't you hate it when you have a great item and you want to sell it?! Sometimes I'm so tempted to just keep something but then I remember that selling items helps me get more of them:)

    ReplyDelete