Saturday, June 4, 2011

{5:56 TEXT}

Boy was I sleeping GOOD this morning at 5:56 AM, when I received a text that prodded me out of bed and it read-   "Out looking for yard sales want to go???" Ugghh I said to myself, even though we where planning on going but not until 6:45 and that's a few more minutes sleep and that's allot for me! But I got myself up and got dressed for a morning of driving around to "look for treasures." But boy was I glad I went, at the first sale I found an antique unusual mirror that I love, and sorry no pic's will post latter I have plans for it you all are going to drool over! Janet found a large shiny silver........... wait, wait, wait for it MIXING BOWL ha ha!!! And of coarse I made fun of her, I guess it was a nice bowl for the price ha. Rhonda had no finds here. And we where off to our next stop which was a great disappointment, no finds here.....Off again we went, my next GREAT find was not planed-up the road we where going when out of the corner of Rhonda's eye she spotted something and SLAMMMMM the brakes went, out of the car we jumped and we found this diamond in the rough-BAD shape it was in-in it's current state,but just wait for it's "after"

{An antique writing desk}

{the top lifts for storage}
It needed lots of work but, I already saw it done in my head-so we loaded it up! Oh First i paid for it of coarse...off we went on our next journey and a long one I may add, and with only a few finds with none in my hands-On our last stop before heading back home Janet and Rhonda found some bargains and I watched my chairs that would have been GREAT with a lil' help-go down the road without me-too a home that will not give them a new look!!! Don't we hate to see that happen-Janet found a nice box of antique books for a whopping .10 cents each, a bag of dainty handkerchief's $1 WOW, and a very nice tablecloth for yet again $1.-Rhonda found a popover pan for a $1 and a blender for a $1- we then ended our fun filled day which was "priceless". {Now here is what I had painted in my head for the desk-}




1 comment:

  1. Suh-WEET!! Love it. You have an amazing blog - so happy to have found it. I'm your newest follower. Pop over for a visit sometime!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete