Friday, May 13, 2011

Featured Furniture Redo

Good evening, for my first post I want to share with you a chunky china cabinet redo. At the shop we just recently started carrying Mariana Jewelry and have been looking for the perfect lighted case to house it, the shops owner had this old chunky china cabinet that went with a dining room set she used long ago, and was just storing it in a rental house so she said she would bring it in if I was up for the challenge. Guess what I said "Bring it on!!!" . Not knowing the detail work I was getting myself into, with two long days of work this this ordinary "chunky china cabinet" turned into something extraordinary.

This bad boy was once a big, heavy, ordinary ,and old brown china cabinet and now a light and refreshing piece of work!!!
Do you see what I mean by detail work! And may I add all by hand with just a paint brush getting into every nook and cranny!!! More pictures and the products and methods I used will follow soon!! Hope you enjoy as much we do at the shop.

6 comments:

  1. Nice job! I redid a hutch a little while ago and it was quite the task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic redo! Such a statement piece. Furniture redesign is my passion. I clicked over from Miss Mustard Seed. Drop by and visit me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW!!! I LOVE this piece!
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I'd love to see more pictures of the process.

    ReplyDelete