Saturday, May 14, 2011

{As easy as 1..2..3..}

For a while now I have had this inexpensive TJ-Max find in my bedroom, and on the spur of the moment decided it needed a lil' spiffing up. Here is what took place in three easy steps:
Since this small black chest came already painted black when I purchased, the first step i used a palm sander and hit all the edges and any place where natural wear would take place.

After I got the desired distressing i wanted, I cleaned the chest down with Spray Nine if you have never used this product it is a must have for any cleaning job, it can be found at your local hardware store for around $5 bucks.
 Best product out there..
Next came the waxing process, I like to use on black or any dark furniture MINWAX finishing wax {dark} that can be purchased at your local hardware store for around $8 bucks. I like to apply this with a worn out paint brush, covering the whole piece with a taping motion not brushing like you would paint. Now it's time to wait about 15-20 minutes until a haze appears.

Did I mention how much I love the bottom of this piece!
The last step is, buffing to bring the richness out this step really makes the piece and makes it extraordinary!
That's all until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment